Monday 26 August 2013

The bookshop strikes back - Ann Patchett

It's tiny, a whole 20 mini pages. It is, however, highly attractive to avid readers who are desperate not to
have their reading choice narrowed by chain stores haggling over margin.
Yes, we pay more in independents but we get diversity not dictation.
This is all about Ann Patchett's decision to open her own bookshop and her admittance that she's not the one to run it. It's a success with it's authors stopping by and it's famous name backing.
Good to see an author backing the industry in a money where your mouth is kind of way.

Publisher - Bloomsbury

2 comments:

  1. I love Parnassus Books in Nashville! I shop there about once a year (we live in Birmingham) and I've bought the best books there. I want to read this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As someone who lives in the Uk, reads about the US, loves southern books and belongs to Powell book club I would love to wander around a US bookshop. Anyone fancy wandering with a video camera for me?

    ReplyDelete